James Stück, Executive Director
James Stück, Executive Director, is a cross-cultural management consultant, trainer, and subject matter expert with Faculty status at Accenture, Adjunct Faculty status at McDonald’s Corporation’s Hamburger University, and Faculty status at Bosch. He is also a regular speaker on cross-cultural management issues for corporate conferences and annual meetings, retained by both his own clients and international speaker’s bureaus — Grupo BCC Conferenciantes, Madrid, and Celebrity Speakers, London and Andorra.
In addition, James is a tenured Associate Professor in Management and International Business at Valparaiso University, Indiana. His background includes the following:
- Multicultural/multilingual expatriate background, born and educated in Ecuador, South America.
- M.B.A from Azusa Pacific University, California; Ph.D. in International Relations from Claremont Graduate University, California (where he studied three years under Peter F. Drucker); Post Graduate work in International Business and Strategic Management at the University of Chicago.
- Worked overseas for four years in the U.K., Spain, and India/Nepal as an Assistant Country Manager with Educational Book Exhibits, Ltd., a British multinational.
- Seven years as an international bank officer with J.P. Morgan Chase Bank (originally Chemical Bank) and an investment banker with Nagelvoort & Company, both on Wall Street, New York.
- Publications include articles and chapters in Journal of International Business, Trade and Culture, The EDI Forum: Journal of Electronic Data Interchange, Journal of Teaching in International Business, and a university text, Developing a Global Mindset: Cross-Culture Management for Professionals.
- Speaks English and Spanish fluently, reads French, and studied Chinese. Has received eight outstanding teacher awards, Kemper Foundation grants for international research, and is a Senior Fulbright Research Scholar.